Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Shape up and Say your Prayers"

"Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?"
(ECCL 3:22)

"Love the work. Don't do it grudgingly. Smile about it. Be happy in your duty. Shape up and say your prayers. Everything will be all right".
(President Gordon B. Hinckley)

-----------------

Isn't President Hinckley amazing. So straight to the point - "Shape up and say your prayers", I find, that for me, a lot of my problems are exasperated because I haven't done those two things - It's just great counsel:)

I hope you have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. thank you. i needed teh reminder today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he great? I say isn't he because I'm sure he is just as funny and still straight to the point even in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal this year is to do what I'm supposed to do and not what I feel like.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx