Sunday, May 16, 2010

Prayers Needed - A Plea

My friend Alisha is 19 weeks pregnant, and her waters broke a few days ago. They are hoping she can keep the baby in for another 5 weeks to give him or her a chance (she had her first baby at 34 weeks and 2nd at 26 weeks). I know if this was my baby I would want, and need, everyones prayers, miracles happen when faith is united. You can read a post her husband made about it all here, why don't you stop by and leave a comment sharing your love and support, I know it will lift her up.

Thank you so much, and here's a poem that Alisha has shared:
I thought of you,
and closed my eyes,
and prayed to God today
I asked ‘What makes a mother?”
and I know I heard him say
‘A mother has a baby’ this we know is true.
But God, can you be a mother, when your baby’s not with you?
‘Yes you can,’ he replied with confidence in his voice
‘I give many women babies. When they leave, is not there choice.’
‘Some I send for a lifetime, and others for the day, and some I send to fill your womb, but there’s no need to stay.’
I just don’t understand this God, I want my baby here.
He took a deep breath and cleared his throat,
and than I saw the tear.
‘I wish that I could show you, what your child is doing today. If you could see your child smile with all the other children and say…
We go to earth to learn our lessons
Of love and life and fear.
My mommy loved me oh so much,
I got to come straight here.
I feel so lucky to have a mom,
Who had so much love for me.
I learned my lessons very quick,
My mommy set me free.
I miss my mommy oh so much.
But I visit her every day.
When she goes to sleep,
on her pillows where I lay,
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek,
and whisper in her ear,
mommy don’t be sad today
I’m your baby and I’m here.
‘So you see my dear sweet ones, your children are okay. Your babies are born here in my home,
and this is where there stay. And on the day that you come home, they’ll be at the gates for you.’
So now you see what makes a mother,
It’s the feeling in your heart.
It’s the love you had so much of,
right from the very start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx