Thursday, May 7, 2009

Humility vs. Lack of Confidence

Elder Glenn L. Pace said:

"Too often we wallow in our weaknesses so much that we do not allow 'weak things' to 'become strong.' Our condition is frequently misdiagnosed as humility, when in reality it is a lack of confidence."
("Confidence and Self-Worth," Ensign, Jan. 2005, 32)
------------------------------------
Paul gives us a good example of his confidence in God despite honest recognition of his weaknesses:

“And he [the Lord] said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9 – 10)

I just liked that.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This is great...I needed this today! I am first to put my hand up and admit that my weaknesses are usually a result from lack of confidence...I wish I was more humble!
    The example from Paul is fantastic....thanx for this Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx