Monday, August 24, 2009

Advancements

Ether 4:12 – 13:
“And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.
“Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.

I remember a fireside I went to where the speaker spoke about the Restoration of the Gospel and why it took place when it did. He pointed out something I thought was interesting.. it was that in 1830 the Patent Office in America was closed as they thought that everything had been invented, that was ever going to be. Since then there have been more inventions and advancements than ever before. When the light of the gospel was restored to the earth of the light of Christ burned brighter, and it’s amazing what has happened since then.

It is like that in our life also – we make look at ourselves (or others) and think that we have stopped progressing, or that we aren’t able to achieve miraculous things, but when the light of Christ burns brighter in our live, and we abandon unbelief, the Lord will show us “greater things”. The Saviour will lead us and persuade us, with Him we can become who we really are, and have oodles of joy:)

2 comments:

  1. This was a great thought to read right before I head off to the temple. Thanks for giving me something to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend!
    No. I am not a stalker. I found your blog through a friend of a friend and wanted to share our line of LDS product with you and would greatly appreciate your help spreading the word to your family & friends.
    Our mission is to help strengthen family life and good values by creating affordable and inspiring products, patterns, kits and gifts...
    www.pebblesinmypocketLDS.blogspot.com www.pebblesinmypocket.com
    Yippee! Our first SEPTEMBER CONTEST is on our blog!
    Thank you! Brenda Birrell brenda@pebblesinmypocket.com 801.836.4906

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx