Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Love These Eyes!

This is just a thought I want to write down. Recently I have played a little game with my 3-year old son, basically, I'll touch his eyes and say "I love these eyes", then touch his nose and say "I love this nose", then his cheeks, and say "I love these cheeks", and I carry on until I've covered all of him. He always has a big smile on his face when I do it to him. Anyway, after a couple of days on playing our little game, I caught him in the chair stroking his arms saying "I love these arms", then onto his tummy saying "I love this tummy", you can probably guess how happy that made me as a parent to see my little man loving the skin he's in. The last quote I posted on here was about instilling a strong identity in your children and I really believe that is so important, because if children know they're loved, it's so much easier for them to love themselves, and then it makes it a whole lot easier for them to love others, and the cycle continues.

Today would be a great day to show and express love to those you do, too often (speaking for me) I assume that love is known, but why leave doubt when you can leave your sure witness:).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your thoughts today; they are so true.
    Blessings to you and keep on enjoying those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a precious moment, I am going to start doing that with my daughters. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx