Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Through the Eyes of the Pure

This is from 2003:

Recently I was helping out in the [Preston] Temple Cafeteria when I saw a young man, about 20yrs old approaching with his Father in the queue. This young man was wearing a white shirt which had been pressed to perfection, a tie, uncreased trousers, and highly polished shoes. He also had Downs Syndrome. I observed this presentable young man, and I couldn't take my eyes off him. I watched how he interacted with people, always smiling, always with a look of love in his eyes. The Spirit told me that this was a very special soul, one who the Father loves dearly, one who is pure.

After he had sat down with his Father to eat his meal, I thought more about the feeling I had had as I watched him. I thought about how I wanted to be more like him, more pure, more innocent and more loving to people.

As I was thinking about this, a voice behind me said, "thank you for the food", it was him. All I could say in reply as he went on his way was, "you're very welcome", when really, what I wanted to do, was give him a big hug and tell him how much he is loved and thank him for coming to the Temple today. I suspect though, that Heavenly Father will take care of the hugging and loving for me.

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God" (Matt 5:8), and we will see God through the eyes of the pure.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. A very touching post, Sarah. Thanks for sharing.

    And thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm replying here, also, in case you don't get back there.

    Yes, I remember the Skidmore name, but can't recall faces. We were in Manchester (1960s) and Sutton Coldfield 1980/90s), and, like you, moved around a LOT. Was your dad a Stake Patriarch in Birmingham? Did you know our son, David (North Meets South)? Or if it was Manchester, do you know the Robinsons?

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!