Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday Tell All, Nursery Rhymes, Stories & Books

Do you remember having a favorite nursery rhyme or bedtime story? What was it? Or what were some books you enjoyed when you were younger.


Most nights my mum or my brother Mark would make up stories to tell us each night. One regular one was about a man called Peg Leg Sam - I still remember it after all these years. As far as books go, when I was younger I used to loved Rupert the Bear - I'm not sure if you have him in America or not (I grew up in England) and I would read that most nights. As I got a little older I would read the Famous Five by books by Enid Blyton (another English one I think) about a group of 5 kids and a dog named Timmy who would solve mysteries and have the kinds of adventures kids could only dream of. I also loved the choose your own adventure books - I wonder if they still do them or not...

1 comment:

  1. My children loved the 'Choose your own adventure' books. About once a year they wander up to the children's books to make sure I haven't given them away. My grandchildren are still too young.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx